May 2, 2020 @ 8:30 pm – 10:30 pm
Your living room, kitchen, bedroom, wherever you drink your wine
wherever you drink wine
Have you ever tried Greek wines? If yes then I am sure you will be excited for this event! If not, then now is your chance to try three of the most talked about indigenous Greek grape varieties and see what you have been missing out on all this time!
Geneva Wine Society has teamed up with Smyrliadis SA, a Greek wine importing company, to bring you 3 amazing wines from 3 charming and intriguing wine regions. An unconventional Asyrtiko from the volcanic island of Santorini, an elegant and captivating Agiorgitiko from Nemea and a formidable Xinomauro from Amydeon will be our guides as we explore Greece’s intriguing wine history and regions.
The cost is 100 CHF and it includes:
* delivery of the 3 wines to your door. — There is no need to open all three bottles on the same night but if you decide to open them you can keep them in the fridge for at least a week.
* a fun online wine tasting full of very useful information on how to evaluate wine and an overview of Greek wine regions and varieties,
* wine tasting notes and a wine tasting guide and wine vocabulary,
* food pairing ideas to prepare before the tasting if you want to nibble on something while we drink the wines
For those of you who live in Geneva, KHORA Geneve has prepared a special menu for us with three dishes that pair perfectly with our three wines.
* The menu will be available for take out order from the Restaurant in Eaux Vives, Avenue Pictet-de-Rochemont 8, 1207 Genève.
* It will include:
* -Greek see bass carpaccio with Khora’s special marinade,
* Lamb kebab with sesame puree and
* Khora’s special Pastitio with Xylopites (pasta) beef cheeks ragu and bechamel
* It will cost 70 chf.
We will do the tasting online through Zoom.
In order to set up timely delivery so that we all have the wines for our online meeting I will need your RSVP until Monday 26th April.
For more information and to reserve your place please message Geneva Wine Society directly on Facebook or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
See you online and stin ygia mas!