BARS, RESTAURANTS AND NON-ESSENTIAL SHOPS TO CLOSE AT 6PM TODAY IN GENEVA
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE – GENEVA!
The government of the Canton of Geneva has stepped up measures to curb the spread of the coronavirus – by introducing drastic measures including the closure of bars, restaurants and non-essential shops as from 6pm on Monday, 16th March.
This follows two emergency meetings on Sunday evening and Monday at 11am and consultations with local health services.
- The public ban is extended to restaurants, bars and discos – any establishment serving food and drink on the premises.
- It also includes the closure of all non-essential shops – excluding shops that provide food, household and sanitary goods, pet food, pharmacies and filling stations.
- The ban also applies to entertainment venues, including cinemas, theatres, museums, sport centres, youth centres, gyms and swimming pools.
- Personal services including hair stylists, beauticians – even when working from home are not allowed to continue their activities for the moment.
- All sports competitions and religious gatherings have been banned.
- The government imposed a ban on public or private events and meetings of more than 5 persons.
The ban will be in place until the 29th of March, whereafter a further decision will be taken.
We will be updating you with more information as the situation unfolds.
FOR MORE OFFICIAL INFORMATION IN ENGLISH – VISIT THIS PAGE