ENERGY HEALING IN GENEVA
by Sarah Scaddan
Need a boost of energy to get you through the summer? Debra Kilby, a Holistic Counsellor and Wellbeing Therapist from London, will be in Geneva to run two workshops on 21st and 22nd June . This is Debra’s second visit to Geneva after holding two successful workshops in April this year.
Debra is trained in energy healing, meditation, mindfulness and life coaching amongst other things and truly has a gift. Everyone has something in their life that is sapping their energy, whether that be relationship issues, a child that is struggling, work problems and stress, health issues, a sick parent or simply unhappy with the way their life is playing out. Debra will share with us some easy, effective techniques to cope with everyday stress and to combat it.
What is it all about?
Energy Psychology is the name for a broad range of psychological treatments that utilise the human energy system. Included in this group are treatments such as Emotional Freedom Technique (tapping on energy points) and many other such therapies. Each technique intentionally utilises one of the human energy systems – such as the meridian system, the chakra system or the aura system. Whether you are a sceptic or a believer, there is no denying the calming and reassuring feeling you experience during a session.
Introduction to Energy Psychology
Debra will be repeating the workshop – An Introduction to Energy Psychology. During the two hour session, you can learn how your thoughts affect your health and wellbeing and how to change them to enjoy a more positive outlook on life. Experience a variety of energy healing and meditation tools to feel balanced and empowered, no matter what is going on in your life. A particular focus on how to cope with feeling overwhelmed and anxious, address resistance to change and build resilience. During this workshop you will also learn tools to help you love and accept your mind and your body. Ultimately, find out what is holding you back from being the very best version of yourself and find ways to end those inner conflicts. This workshop is small, lighthearted and will not put a spotlight on anyone.
It’s Mum Time
In addition, Debra is running a new workshop especially to boost energy before the summer holiday begins. Although aimed at parents, anyone is welcome. Entitled ‘It’s Mum Time’ (although Dads, Grandparents and carers are also very welcome), from the workshop you will:
- Find your ‘happy place’ through a guided meditation, which you can revisit in seconds any time you need some time out in your mind.
- Learn how to ‘ground’ and feel fully present to ease the feelings of I should be or I don’t want to be – and find acceptance of what is.
- Start to explore the whys behind those situations that push your ‘angry mum’ mode buttons. Is it the fighting? Bedtime shenanigans? The not listening? The noise? The lack of time to yourself? And begin to feel free from the reactions they bring up in you.
- Tap away any guilt you may be feeling about not looking forward to 24 hours a day with your children.
- And finally, learn strategies to keep you sane, and above all embrace and enjoy holiday time.
Introduction to Energy Psychology will be held on Thursday 22nd June from 9:30am–11:30am in Troinex, Geneva. Cost 30chf.
It’s Mum Time Energy Booster is on Wednesday 21st June from 8:45am–10:15am also in Troinex, Geneva. Cost 25chf.
Individual sessions also available. To secure your place and for address details contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about Debra click here.