Facilities include a stadium with three sport fields and sprint track, an indoor sports centre and a dedicated space for fencing, science laboratories, a chapel, music rooms, dance hall with stage, computer room, art rooms, library and security system in place where gates are guarded and only open at drop off and collection time.
STEAM appears to be the buzz word at the moment and Florimont will be opening its dedicated centre in September 2020 followed by the inauguration of its auditorium holding an audience of up to 500 and its multi-media room.
From 16,350CHF- 26,700CHF
Focus and particularities:
With French-speaking roots, the school also has a strong bilingual programme in place combining both a local and international vision.
Its philosophy is strongly based on the importance of respect for oneself, others and manners within a family environment.
This is the only school in Geneva to offer all 3 diplomas that includes the Cantonal version of the Swiss maturity.
A dedicated team assist students in preparing their dossiers and guiding them in the process of applying for universities and their future career path.
A Junior Entrepreneur programme is in place, allowing students to discover different business roles working in collaboration with businesses and NGOs.
There is a large range of activities available for all ages, some free and some at a cost which run at lunchtimes and after school. Here is a list of a fews of the options to give you an idea of what’s on offer:- Kung-fu, piano, climbing, cookery classes, computer programming, yoga, theatre, Japanese, robotics, and fencing. In fact fencing is a big deal at Florimont with there being 3 maîtres d’armes (fencing specialists) teaching in a state of the art fencing room.
In summer the school has its own summer camp called Flo-vacances which is open specially for its students (from 3 to 10), enabling them to catch up with each other over the summer.
Ernesto Bertarelli, John Dupraz, Christophe Lambert, Benjamin de Rothschild, Julien Wanders
How to get there:
- Bus and trams stops are a short walking distance away.
- For the primary school, parents can benefit from a free flowing drop off and collection system, whereby they can drive into the school in the mornings and have access by car to the playground for a short time at the end of the day. The whole process is overseen and managed by a team employed by the school.
- For those in the secondary school, parents can benefit from the car park across the road from the school by the sports ground, as well as many blue zone parking spots in the surrounding area.
- There is a school bus service with 20 routes serving the Geneva canton, Vaud and neighbouring France.
- A short bus or tram hop away links you to the Pont Rouge station of the newly opened CEVA (underground service).