LATEST GENEVA COVID RESTRICTIONS: TERRACES, SPORTS AND MORE
Restaurant and café terraces are now open, finally – bringing a much-welcomed feeling of normalcy to the city. Spring has truly arrived! We do encourage everyone to continue being careful though.
Here are the highlights:
- Restaurant and café terraces have reopened (indoor dining areas remain closed),
- Maximum 4 people per table (parents may eat together with their children)
- Drinks may be served until 11pm
- Hotel restaurants are open
- Nightclubs remain closed
- For sport facilities including gyms, outdoor areas have reopened and indoor areas are open as long as you wear a mask and keep social distancing
- All shops are open, with restricted numbers of customers inside at one time
- Gatherings of 15 people outside and 10 people inside are permitted
- Weddings, baptisms and funerals are permitted with 50 participants in addition to those officiating
These policies are as of 19 April 2021. Want to know more details? Read the fine print of the Geneva COVID restrictions, in English (the source of information for this article).
WHAT WILL REOPEN NEXT IN GENEVA?
If the coronavirus situation in Switzerland continues to improve and the COVID-19 vaccine becomes more widely available, they will look at reopening additional sectors. Every month the conseil fédéral will reevaluate the situation, starting with activities where mask-wearing and social distancing is possible, or if the activity can take place outdoors.
FIND OUT HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE COVID VACCINE HERE.
Photo credit: François Gha, Unsplash