The wine tasting will feature wines from Barolo and Barbaresco, two wine regions that share much but are also very different. Two unique expressions of the same grape variety which you’ll explore together drinking two wines brought to you by Wine Insiders Geneva.
The cost of the evening includes:
* Delivery of the 2 wines to your door. — There is no need to open both bottles on the same night but if you decide to open them you can keep them in the fridge for at least a week.
* A fun online wine tasting full of very useful information on how to evaluate wine and an overview of both wine regions,
* Wine tasting notes, a wine tasting guide and wine vocabulary
* Food pairing ideas to prepare before the tasting if you want to nibble on something while we drink the wines.
Italian restaurant Karne has prepared a choice of three special dishes for those who live in Geneva and would like to pair their wine with Italian food on the night.
* Salumeria – Assortment of cheese and charcuterie
* Fagottini al Tartufo – fresh truffle filled pasta in a creamy truffle sauce.
* Involtini di Manzo – Roules de boeuf, filled with cheese and truffles accompanied with seasonal vegetables.
Each choice costs CHF35 per person and this is optional. NOTE: The meals are not included in the 15% discount to THINGS TO DO IN GENEVA subscribers.)
The food will be available for take away from the restaurant or delivery (at an extra cost)
You will do the tasting online through Zoom.
Due to delivery restrictions this event is available to those living in canton Geneva and canton Vaud up to Lausanne. RSVP until Thursday 14th May.